Eastern Caribbean Islands Conditions - Bulletin 1 **UPDATED** September 21, 2017
TRAVEL EXCEPTION POLICY ADVISORY
Eastern Caribbean Islands Conditions **UPDATED** September 21, 2017
BULLETIN # 1 ISSUED: September 9, 2017 – 1:30 PM ET
Applies for tickets issued on or before September 9, 2017
Due to conditions on the Eastern Caribbean Islands of St. Maarten (SXM), St. Thomas (STT) and Turks and Caicos (PLS), Delta is offering a waiver that will provide additional flexibility to customers who wish to make a voluntary itinerary change, due to Hurricane Irma.
Please note: St. Maarten, SX (SXM) was removed from this Travel Exception Policy on September 12, 2017, and St. Thomas (STT) was removed from this bulletin on September 21, 2017. Please see Hurricane Irma - St. Maarten and St. Thomas Island Conditions - Bulletin 1, for complete details regarding changes for travel to/from SXM and STT. Delta will honor any changes made for SXM using this Travel Exception Policy for changes made between September 9 and 12, 2017 and for STT for changes made through September 21, 2017.
**Attention all GDS Users: PNR Documentation requirements now vary by GDS. Please review revised procedures below. **
Note: DL/AF/KL/AZ policies may vary between carriers due to local operational circumstances and limitations.
DL/KLM (Air France information is located at the end of this document.)
Reason: Eastern Caribbean Islands Conditions
Date of Impacted Travel: September 5 – October 31, 2017
Applicable to Travel On:
Delta / Delta Connection / DL coded KLM operated / KLM coded DL operated / KLM coded KLM operated / AF coded DL operated /DL coded AF operated
Issued On: DL 006 / KL 074 ticket stock
Affected Area(s) To/From/Through the following cities:
- Turks and Caicos, TC (PLS)
Delta will waive administrative change fees and travel agents may rebook and reissue tickets provided the below guidelines are met and applied:
- Travel has not commenced on the affected flight segment and the ticket has not been reissued by Delta
- The first departure flight is more than 3 hours away
- Customer has not checked in; if checked in, travel agent may contact Delta Sales Support or Delta Reservations for assistance.
- Only one change is permitted under this policy (Bulletin #) without a change fee (Administrative Service Charge - ASC).
- Tickets can only be reissued by the agency that originally issued the ticket
- Bulk/Net Fare tickets must be referred to original issuing agent
- Some affected itineraries may have been proactively rebooked and reissued. If assistance is needed with additional changes, please contact Delta.
- Changes outside of these guidelines are subject to the reissue rules of the ticketed fare. This includes any applicable additional collection or administrative fees.
New travel must originate on or before: October 31, 2018
New travel must be rebooked no later than: End of Ticket Validity
Ticket must be reissued on or before: End of Ticket Validity
Change to Origin / Destination
- Changes to Origin / Destination are permitted and subject to additional collection for the new itinerary. To reissue, apply the value of the unused flight coupon (s) and exchange to issue another ticket with the new origin/destination at current applicable fares. Collect any applicable fare difference at the time of reissue.
- Change fee may be waived provided ticket is reissued within policy guidelines, PNR is documented with OSI (where required by GDS) below and the applicable change fee waiver code is applied as noted in the waiver section below.
Minimum/Maximum Stay Requirements
Minimum/Maximum Stay Requirements may be waived under these circumstances:
- When a change to the outbound travel occurs, the unaffected return date may be changed to protect the original length of the trip. The return travel must be booked in the original class of service.
- Change fee may be waived provided ticket is reissued within policy guidelines. In addition, PNR must be documented with OSI (where required by GDS) below and the applicable waiver code used and documented on ticket as noted below.
Applicable Booking Class
Rebook permitted as indicated below:
- If new travel originates September 5, 2017, through October 31, 2018, book in same class if available. If same class is not available, ok to rebook in the next class available up to and including Y class (cabin to cabin) if necessary.
- Fare differences and change fee will be waived provided the ticket is reissued within policy guidelines. In addition, PNR must be documented with OSI (where required by GDS) below and the applicable waiver code used and documented on ticket as noted below.
- Change fee may be waived provided ticket is reissued within policy guidelines. PNR must be documented with OSI (where required by GDS) below and the applicable waiver code used and documented on ticket as noted below.
If customers are unable to rebook or reissue their ticket within the given timeline, they can cancel their reservation and use the value of the ticket toward the purchase of a new ticket for a period of one year from the date of original issuance.
- Change fee may be waived if customers reissue tickets on or before End of Ticket Validity, provided ticket is reissued within policy guidelines. In addition, PNR must be documented with OSI (where required by GDS) and the applicable waiver code used and documented on ticket as noted below.
Future Travel Rebooking Options
- Customers who reschedule their reservation for travel after October 31, 2018, and are able to reissue no later than End of Ticket Validity, may be subject to any applicable additional fare for their new itinerary, however, the change fee will be waived. In addition, PNR must be documented with OSI (where required by GDS) and the applicable waiver code used and documented on ticket as noted below.
Required Documentation for Reissue
** REVISED **INFORMATION VARIES BY GDS **
Event Waiver Codes:
- Use Waiver code V6W9P for rebooking cabin to cabin
- Use Waiver code B6D3D to waive change fee only, provided:
- New itinerary is rebooked/ticketed within all parameters of this policy
- New itinerary is priced at current applicable fares and rules
Required Documentation for Worldspan (1P), Apollo (1V), and Galileo (1G) Users:
- If applying Rapid Reprice:
- Do not add the waiver code; the waiver code will automatically be added to the endorsement box
- It is no longer necessary to document the PNR with an OSI message
- If not applying Rapid Reprice, please follow the instructions below
Required Documentation for Worldspan (1P), Apollo (1V), and Galileo (1G) when not applying Rapid Reprice and for all other GDS Users:
- Waiver code placement:
- Waiver code should be placed in the ticket designator field if no other ticket designator is being used
- If another ticket designator is being used, place the waiver code in the tour code box
- If the tour code box is already in use, place the waiver code in the first position of the endorsement box
- PNR must be documented with the following OSI message:
- OSI DL CHANGES PER ISLAND CONDITIONS 09SEP17
Connecting customers’ enroute to one of the above-listed destinations or whose flights are diverted should work directly with the airport to rebook their travel.
If a customer’s flight is cancelled due to this event, and no other alternate flights are acceptable, travel agents may refund a totally unused non-refundable ticket(s) through normal ARC/BSP processing.
Required Documentation for Refunds
PNR must be documented with the following OSI message:
- OSI DL REFUNDED PER ISLAND CONDITIONS 09SEP17
Travel agents may also utilize the Travel Agent Weather Event Online Refund form to submit a refund request in the following cases:
- If a ticket has already been reissued by Delta or the ticket is partially used
- Travel agents whose customers contact them directly to initiate the refund
Delta will continue to monitor this event waiver and adjust this policy if needed. Changes will be posted on the Delta Professional Travel Agency website and delta.com. Please check these sources frequently for the most up to date information or contact Delta Sales Support or Delta Reservations for assistance.
Delta encourages all customers to check flight and gate status prior to leaving for the airport.
Travel agents may visit AgentConnect.biz for complete details and any applicable rebooking instructions whenever flight irregularities occur.
To find current flight changes and rebooking instructions on www.AgentConnect.biz:
From the top of the Home Page:
Select “NEWS & PROMOTIONS" > "Schedule Changes" > “Instructions”.
Click the link for the desired instructions at the top of the instructions page for specific procedures on rebooking affected passengers.
For additional assistance in rebooking, travel agents may call Air France Sales Support or Air France Reservations in the US at 800-446-9708 in Canada at 800 363 5505 in Canada.
Air France encourages all customers to check flight and gate status prior to leaving for the airport. For complete travel information, visit www.airfrance.com.
Travel agents may visit Alitalia’s agency site for the most up to date information.