Delta One Suite and Delta Premium Select on Sale
As communicated in E-Mail Extra
Delta began selling its Delta One suites and Delta Premium Select fare on June 17. The new Delta Premium Select cabin and the Delta One suite product enhancement will debut on Delta’s first Airbus A350, due to enter service in fall 2017 with its first flight taking place on Oct. 30, 2017, from Detroit (DTW) to Narita (NRT). Delta will be the first U.S. airline to take delivery of the A350, which provides better fuel efficiency and customer-friendly features designed to improve the flying experience.
In addition to the DTW-NRT flight, Delta Premium Select will be sold on select flights from DTW to Incheon (ICN) for flights scheduled Nov. 16, 2017, and beyond, as well as on select flights from DTW to Beijing (PEK) for flights scheduled Jan. 17, 2018, and beyond.
These enhancements are part of the airline’s multi-billion dollar investment in the customer experience that includes a cabin modernization program featuring new seats, seatback entertainment systems with free entertainment, high-capacity overhead bins, access to Wi-Fi on nearly all flights, free Main Cabin meals on select flights, upgraded free Main Cabin snacks, chef-curated meals in Delta One, a seasonal wine program, an Alessi-designed collection of serviceware in Delta One and First Class, and more.
Delta has also made significant investments in the customer experience on the ground, in addition to plans to add nearly 250 new aircraft to its fleet in coming years. These include new Delta Sky Club locations in Denver, Atlanta, and Seattle; Club renovations in Nashville, Dallas, Newark, and Minneapolis-St. Paul; airport enhancement programs in Atlanta, Los Angeles, New York and Salt Lake City; and the testing and implementation of an enhanced boarding process in Atlanta.
Delta One suites
Designed with an emphasis on exceptional customer comfort and privacy, the Delta One suite will offer each customer a private space accessed by a sliding door with thoughtfully designed personal stowage areas, an advanced in-flight entertainment system and premium trim and finishes to create an unparalleled business class experience with a comfortable, residential feel.
In addition to the existing Delta One service and full flat-bed seats with direct aisle access that have been part of the Delta offering for over eight years, the Delta One suite will feature:
- A full-height door at every suite
- Sliding privacy dividers between center suites
- In-suite, customizable ambient lighting
- Dedicated stowage compartments for shoes, headphones and laptops
- Contemporary design featuring premium trim and finishes
- Memory foam-enhanced comfort cushion
- An 18-inch, high resolution in-flight entertainment monitor, among the largest in its class
- A universal power outlet and high-powered USB port at every seat
Delta One service also includes the features Delta customers have grown to expect, such as chef-curated meals, wine pairings by Delta’s Master Sommelier Andrea Robinson, Westin Heavenly In-Flight Bedding, noise-canceling LSTN headphones, TUMI amenity kits featuring Kiehl’s Since 1851 premium skincare, and in-flight loungewear on select flights.
Delta Premium Select will feature:
- More personal space with up to 38 inches of pitch, up to 19 inches of width and up to seven inches of recline. Delta Premium Select seats will also offer adjustable leg rests and head rests
- Westin Heavenly In-Flight Blanket and pillow; TUMI amenity kit featuring Malin+Goetz Travel Essentials; noise-canceling LSTN headphones
- Pre-departure beverage service followed by fresh, seasonal menu selections presented with Alessi serviceware designed exclusively for Delta
- An up to 13.3-inch, high resolution in-flight entertainment screen that is among the largest in its class, allowing customers to stay entertained with Delta Studio’s industry-leading library of complimentary movies, shows and games, and noise-cancelling headphones
- In-seat power ports for large and small devices and convenient storage to keep them within reach
- Sky Priority service, which includes faster check-in, accelerated security, premium boarding and expedited baggage service.
In 2014, Delta began introducing differentiated experiences for customers through a well-defined range of options, allowing customers to tailor travel to their specific needs. All cabin experiences offer a high level of service and Delta’s unmatched operational reliability.
The long-range Airbus A350 will continue Delta's optimization of its Pacific network, operating primarily on long-range routes between the U.S. and Asia. The jets are expected to generate a 20 percent improvement in operating cost per seat compared to the Boeing 747-400 aircraft they will replace.
Following the A350 debut, the Delta One suite will progressively roll out on Delta’s Boeing 777 fleet.