How to comply and fly: Pre-travel requirements for Delta’s Covid-tested flights
Delta is offering COVID-tested flights between the U.S. and Italy through 30 June 2021.
With the latest travel requirements in mind, this program allows business travellers who have tested negative for coronavirus in the USA and on arrival in Italy to enter Italy without quarantining.
Delta’s COVID-tested flights are operated between Atlanta and New York-JFK and Rome-Fiumicino airports, and between New York-JFK and Milan Malpensa Airport.
Our trusted partner, Alitalia, also offers COVID-tested flights between New York-JFK and Rome-Fiumicino International Airport.
To fly on Delta’s COVID-tested flights, customers will have to provide a negative Covid-19 test and need to comply with the following requirements:
TRAVELLING FROM ITALY TO U.S.
All customers ages 2 and above traveling to or connecting in the United States are required to
- present proof of a negative COVID-19 (NAAT, PCR, LAMP, or antigen) test taken within 3 days of their scheduled departure,
- sign an attestation confirming a negative test result,
- adhere to Delta’s Commitment to Safer Travel and
- must provide the following information to Delta for contact tracing purposes: full name, a primary and secondary phone number, an email address and a destination address.1
Customers should be prepared to show their negative COVID-19 test result before entering the U.S. Additional testing will not be required, though customers may be subject to a health screening. Quarantine requirements upon reaching the destination in the U.S. vary by state and local governments.
TRAVELLING FROM THE U.S. TO ITALY
Customers traveling to or connecting through Italy on a Delta COVID-tested flight are required to
- present proof of a negative COVID-19 (PCR) test taken within 3 days of their scheduled departure and
- take a rapid test at no additional cost prior to their departure and
- fill in a digital Passenger Locator Form and additional self-declaration forms prior to boarding.2
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination does not exempt customers from testing requirements or from Delta’s face mask policy.
Customers will be directed to a rapid testing area for
- another temperature screening and
- a COVID-19 rapid antigen test.
Upon receiving a negative test result, customers will be free to enter Italy without the need to quarantine.
- Customers must arrive at the airport 4.5 hours before departure from ATL, JFK and MXP and 4 hours from FCO.
- Travellers need to arrive at gate no less than one hour before boarding.
- Boarding will begin 50 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time.
As travel requirements change frequently please visit Delta’s Travel Requirements Guide on delta.com for the latest guidelines.
For additional information including testing cost, test centre locations and links to required application forms please visit Delta’s Travel Planning Center / Italy Covid-Tested Flights on delta.com.
2 Please be aware that passengers will be required to pre-register and fill in a digital Passenger Locator Form prior to boarding. This is in addition to filling out two additional self-declaration forms that will be available from a Delta representative for completion prior to boarding. Refer to the Italy Forms or Applications section on our Travel Requirements page for more details and exact links to these forms.