How handheld technology is enhancing the customer experience
Delta is using innovative digital technology to help frontline employees engage better with customers and deliver a more personalized travel experience at key stages of their journey. Here’s how:
In Delta Sky Clubs
- Ambassadors in 32 Delta Sky Clubs have been equipped with handheld devices that allow them to welcome and check in guests at the door – giving them seamless entry to the Club to enjoy its amenities. Devices will be rolled out at more Clubs over the coming months.
- Guests who have more complex needs, like updating their travel itinerary, can still receive personalized assistance from a front desk ambassador.
At the gate
- ‘Nomad’ handheld devices are helping gate agents drive more personal engagements with customers at Delta’s Atlanta hub.
- Agents can make seat changes, rebook customers, check bag status, board or check-in customers, and print bag tags and boarding passes all in the palm of their hand.
In the air
- Delta’s flight attendants have long been using handheld devices on board to better engage with customers by using the ‘Guest Service Tool’ to quickly recognize top frequent flyers.
To find out more, click here.