London Heathrow Airport Restrictions - Bulletin 1 *
TRAVEL EXCEPTION POLICY ADVISORY
London Heathrow Airport Restrictions - Bulletin 1
ISSUED: July 22, 2022 11:05 AM ET
Applies for tickets issued on or before July 22, 2022
Please note: Changes to origin and destination may increase the fare. Any difference in fare between the original ticket and the new ticket will be collected at the time of booking.
Delta Air Lines is offering a waiver to assist customers whose travel may be impacted by airport restrictions at London Heathrow.
Issued On: DL 006 Ticket Stock
Applicable to Travel On: Delta / Delta Connection / DL coded KLM operated / KLM coded DL operated/ KLM coded KLM operated / AF coded DL operated /DL coded AF operated
Date of Impacted Travel: July 25 – August 10, 2022
Affected Area(s) To/From/Through the following cities:
- London Heathrow, UK (LHR)
New travel must originate on or before: September 10, 2022
New travel must be rebooked no later than: September 10, 2022
Ticket must be reissued on or before: September 10, 2022
Event Waiver Codes:
- Use Waiver code K7V9A for rebooking cabin to cabin
- Change fee waiver code N/A
Required Documentation for Reissue
**Attention all GDS Users: PNR Documentation requirements now vary by GDS. Please review procedures below. **
Required Documentation for Worldspan (1P), Apollo (1V), and Galileo (1G) Users:
- If applying Rapid Reprice:
- Do not add the waiver code; the waiver code will automatically be added to the endorsement box
- It is no longer necessary to document the PNR with an OSI message
- If not applying Rapid Reprice, please follow the instructions below
Required Documentation for Worldspan (1P), Apollo (1V), and Galileo (1G) when not applying Rapid Reprice and for all other GDS Users:
- Waiver code placement:
- Waiver code should be placed in the ticket designator field if no other ticket designator is being used
- If another ticket designator is being used, place the waiver code in the tour code box
- If the tour code box is already in use, place the waiver code in the first position of the endorsement box
- PNR must be documented with the following OSI message:
- OSI CHANGES PER LHR AIRPORT RESTRICT 22JUL22
Please Note: DL/AM/AF/KL/KE/VS travel exception policies may vary between carriers due to local operational circumstances and limitations (Aeromexico, Air France, KLM, Korean Air and Virgin Atlantic information is located at the end of this document).
Delta will waive administrative change fees and travel agents may rebook and reissue tickets provided the below guidelines are met and applied:
- Travel has not commenced on the affected flight segment and the ticket has not been reissued by Delta
- The first departure flight is more than 3 hours away
- Customer has not checked in; if checked in, travel agent may contact Delta Sales Support or Reservations for assistance
- Only one change is permitted under this policy (Bulletin #) without a change fee (Administrative Service Charge - ASC).
- Tickets can only be reissued by the agency that originally issued the ticket
- Bulk/Net Fare tickets must be referred to original issuing agent
- Some affected itineraries may have been proactively rebooked and reissued. If assistance is needed with additional changes, please contact Delta.
- Changes outside of these guidelines are subject to the reissue rules of the ticketed fare. This includes any applicable additional collection or administrative fees.
Change to Origin / Destination
- Changes to Origin / Destination are permitted and subject to additional collection for the new itinerary. To reissue, apply the value of the unused flight coupon (s) and exchange to issue another ticket with the new origin/destination at current applicable fares. Collect any applicable fare difference at the time of reissue.
- Change fee may be waived provided ticket is reissued within policy guidelines, PNR is documented with OSI (where required by GDS) below and the applicable change fee waiver code is applied as noted in the waiver section below.
Minimum/Maximum Stay Requirements
Minimum/Maximum Stay Requirements may be waived under these circumstances:
- When a change to the outbound travel occurs, the unaffected return date may be changed to protect the original length of the trip. The return travel must be booked in the original class of service.
- Change fee may be waived provided ticket is reissued within policy guidelines. In addition, PNR must be documented with OSI (where required by GDS) below and the applicable waiver code used and documented on ticket as noted below.
Applicable Booking Class
Rebook permitted as indicated below:
- If new travel originates July 22, 2022, through September 10, 2022, book in same class if available. If same class is not available, ok to rebook in the next class available up to and including Y class for main cabin fares, or the highest available class for premium fares/cabins, P class for Premium Economy fares, F class for First Class fares and J class for Delta One® fares (cabin to cabin), if necessary.
- Fare differences and change fee will be waived provided the ticket is reissued on or before September 10, 2022. In addition, PNR must be documented with OSI (where required by GDS) below and the applicable waiver code used and documented on ticket as noted below.
If customers are unable to rebook or reissue their ticket on/before September 10, 2022, they can cancel their reservation and use the value of the ticket toward the purchase of a new ticket for a period of one year from the date of original issuance and are suject to any applicable additional fare for their new itinerary.
Future Travel Rebooking Options
- Customers who reschedule their reservation for travel after September 10, 2022, and are able to reissue no later than September 10, 2022, may be subject to any applicable additional fare for their new itinerary. In addition, PNR must be documented with OSI (where required by GDS).
Connecting customers’ enroute to one of the above-listed destinations or whose flights are diverted should work directly with the airport to rebook their travel.
If a customer’s flight is cancelled due to this event, and no other alternate flights are acceptable, travel agents may refund a totally unused non-refundable ticket(s) through normal ARC/BSP processing.
Required Documentation for Refunds
PNR must be documented with the following OSI message:
- OSI CHANGES PER LHR AIRPORT RESTRICT 22JUL22
Travel agents may also utilize the Travel Agent Travel Exception Policy Online Refund form to submit a refund request in the following cases:
- If a ticket has already been reissued by Delta or the ticket is partially used
- Travel agents whose customers contact them directly to initiate the refund
Delta will continue to monitor this event waiver and adjust this policy if needed. Changes will be posted on the Delta Professional Travel Agency website and delta.com. Please check these sources frequently for the most up to date information or contact Delta Sales Support or Delta Reservations for assistance.
Delta’s Travel Exception Policy may change at any time without advance notice.
Each of our partners have travel agent resource websites to access the most up to date information and news. Use the links below to access each website:
* Please note: A login is required to access this information.
* * Diese Seite wird gerade übersetzt. Bitte versuchen Sie es zu einem späteren Zeitpunkt, wenn Sie die übersetzte Version lesen möchten. Wir entschuldigen uns für die Unannehmlichkeiten.