Coronavirus Situation – Change Fee– Bulletin 6
TRAVEL EXCEPTION POLICY ADVISORY BULLETIN 6
Coronavirus Situation – Change Fee– Bulletin 6
ISSUED: June 30, 2020 10:30 AM ET
Travel agents trying to determine which of Delta’s active waivers apply to a specific ticket may use Delta’s new Travel Exception Policy Finder to assist.
Applies for tickets issued between March 1, 2020 and July 31, 2020
The change fee waiver may be used multiple times provided original ticket has been purchased between March 1, 2020 – July 31, 2020. Use waiver code below for each ticket reissue.
Delta Air Lines is further extending its waiver to protect customers purchasing tickets between March 1, 2020 and July 31, 2020, for future travel to any destination, due to the Coronavirus situation.
Issued On: DL 006 Ticket Stock
Applicable to Travel On: Delta-Marketed/Delta-Operated flights or all Delta Marketed Flights
Future Travel Permitted: March 1, 2020 – June 27, 2021
Affected Area(s) To/From/Through the following cities:
- Tickets issued between March 1 and July 31, 2020, for any destination
New travel must originate on or before: June 27, 2021
New travel must be rebooked no later than: June 27, 2021
Ticket must be reissued on or before: June 27, 2021
Event Waiver Codes:
- Cabin to Cabin or Class to Class: N/A
- Use Waiver code D9V2P to waive change fee only or Origin and Destination, provided:
- New itinerary is rebooked/ticketed within all parameters of this policy
- New itinerary is priced at current applicable fares and rules
Required Documentation for Reissue
**Attention all GDS Users: PNR Documentation requirements now vary by GDS. Please review procedures below. **
Required Documentation for Worldspan (1P), Apollo (1V), and Galileo (1G) Users:
- If applying Rapid Reprice:
- Do not add the waiver code; the waiver code will automatically be added to the endorsement box
- It is no longer necessary to document the PNR with an OSI message
- If not applying Rapid Reprice, please follow the instructions below
Required Documentation for Worldspan (1P), Apollo (1V), and Galileo (1G) when not applying Rapid Reprice and for all other GDS Users:
- Waiver code placement:
- Waiver code should be placed in the ticket designator field if no other ticket designator is being used
- If another ticket designator is being used, place the waiver code in the tour code box
- If the tour code box is already in use, place the waiver code in the first position of the endorsement box
- PNR must be documented with the following OSI message:
- OSI DL CHANGES PER CORONAVIRUS SIT CHG FEE 02MAR20
Delta will waive administrative change fees and travel agents may rebook and reissue tickets provided the below guidelines are met and applied:
- Travel has not commenced on the affected flight segment and the ticket has not been reissued by Delta
- The first departure flight is more than 3 hours away
- Customer has not checked in; if checked in, travel agent may contact Delta Sales Support or Reservations for assistance.
- Only one change is permitted under this policy (Bulletin #) without a change fee (Administrative Service Charge - ASC). PLEASE NOTE: THIS RULE DOES NOT APPLY TO THIS WAIVER.
- Tickets can only be reissued by the agency that originally issued the ticket
- Bulk/Net Fare tickets must be referred to original issuing agent
- Some affected itineraries may have been proactively rebooked and reissued. If assistance is needed with additional changes, please contact Delta.
- Changes outside of these guidelines are subject to the reissue rules of the ticketed fare. This includes any applicable additional collection or administrative fees.
Minimum/Maximum Stay Requirements
Minimum/Maximum Stay Requirements may be waived under these circumstances:
- When a change to the outbound travel occurs, the unaffected return date may be changed to protect the original length of the trip. The return travel must be booked in the original class of service.
- Change fee may be waived provided ticket is reissued within policy guidelines. In addition, PNR must be documented with OSI (where required by GDS) below and the applicable waiver code used and documented on ticket as noted below.
Future Travel Rebooking Options
- Customers who rebook their travel to begin on/before June 27, 2021, and reissue their ticket on/before June 27, 2021, may be subject to any applicable additional fare for their new itinerary, however, the change fee will be waived. In addition, PNR must be documented with OSI (where required by GDS) and the applicable waiver code used and documented on ticket as noted above.
Change to Origin / Destination
- Changes to Origin / Destination are permitted and subject to additional collection for the new itinerary. To reissue, apply the value of the unused flight coupon (s) and exchange to issue another ticket with the new origin/destination at current applicable fares. Collect any applicable fare difference at the time of reissue.
- Change fee may be waived provided ticket is reissued within policy guidelines, PNR is documented with OSI (where required by GDS) below and the applicable change fee waiver code is applied as noted in the waiver section below.
Please note: For tickets reissued after June 27, 2021, change fees will apply.
Delta will continue to monitor this event waiver and adjust this policy if needed. Changes will be posted on the Delta Professional Travel Agency website and delta.com. Please check these sources frequently for the most up to date information or contact Global Sales Support or Delta Reservations for assistance.
Delta’s Travel Exception Policy may change at any time without advance notice.
Each of our partners have travel agent resource websites to access the most up to date information and news. Use the links below to access each website:
- Air France - KLM* >Select News & promotions >Schedule changes
- Virgin Atlantic
- Virgin Australia
- Korean Air
* Please note: A login is required to access this information.