Delta Named No. 1 Airline in the Annual Business Travel News Airline Survey
For the 10th year in a row, corporate travel professionals have named Delta the No. 1 airline in the annual Business Travel News Airline Survey, with significant improvements over the airline’s already-leading 2019 scores.
The survey asks corporate travel professionals to rank airlines on a number of important attributes, from customer service to distribution. This year, the survey also asked participants to rank how well each airline responded to the COVID-19 pandemic, including overall response, effective communication and flexibility. Delta earned its top marks for pandemic response, customer service and communication, while also improving its score substantively in all other categories. Again this year, Delta led in all categories, and is the only airline to sweep all categories for seven consecutive years.
DELTA WINS RECORD 10TH BUSINESS TRAVEL NEWS AWARD ON STRENGTH OF PANDEMIC RESPONSE, PEOPLE-FIRST APPROACH
Based on survey feedback, some of the actions Delta customers have most valued in 2020 include:
- Blocking middle seats through Jan. 6, 2021 to provide space for safer travel
- Unparalleled service from Delta’s corporate sales team and employees throughout the operation
- Providing constant communication to corporate customers, including personalized airport tours and Corporate Customer Town Halls so attendees could hear directly from Delta leaders and partner medical experts
- Rigorous mask compliance and implementing more than 100 layers of safety via the Delta CareStandard
- Flexibility, from offering industry-leading flexibility to plan, re-book and travel to eliminating change fees to being the first airline to extend Medallion status and offer extensions for Delta Sky Club Memberships