Europe - Train Service from AMS
Thalys Train Service
Service between Schiphol and Antwerp-Central Station (ZWE) and Amsterdam Airport (AMS) and Brussels Midi Station (ZYR) is carried out by Thalys high speed trains and can be booked under KL* (KLM codeshare) only.
Please do not book a segment using 9B code.
Thalys high speed trains to ZWE and ZYR cannot provide certain special services. Therefore, the following special service requests will be *denied*:
- Odd-size baggage (bike, surfboards, etc.) that will not fit in the train baggage bin
- Pets in Cabin - PETC
- Pets in Hold - AVIH
- Unaccompanied Minors (UMNR)
- Meet and Assist (MAAS)
- Stretcher Service (STCR)
- Wheelchair Service (WCHS/WCHC)
Please note: If passengers want to travel with an animal, they must contact Thalys directly (KLM cannot make those arrangements). Passengers must also carry their own luggage to/from the trains.
Acceptance of Ticket
Customers need to contact the Dutch or Belgium railway counter and present their e-ticket trip summary and receipt on the day of departure in order to obtain a rail ticket for the Thalys train they have booked.
- E-Tickets must be exchanged for train tickets at the international desks of the railway stations at AMS/ZWE/ZYR. Exchange at other railway stations is not possible.
- E-Ticket exchange is possible as early as 2 hours prior to departure from AMS or ZYR or ZWE. The latest possible exchange time is 15 minutes before departure.
- The exchange is only possible on presentation of a valid trip summary receipt. The passenger must provide an official document (ID card or passport document) showing he/she is the beneficiary of the flight ticket. Names on official document & on KL ticket must be the same.
- Once a flight coupon has been exchanged for a train ticket, it is not possible to exchange the train ticket again for a flight coupon.
- Once the ticket coupon has been exchanged to a train ticket it is only valid on the booked flight/train and date.
- Coupons of the e-Ticket must be used in sequence issued.
- Refunds, when permitted by the fare rules, are only possible if the e-Ticket has not been exchanged for a train ticket.
- Once the ticket coupon has been exchanged to a train ticket it is non-refundable.
Stations Handling Airrail e-Ticket Exchanges
- Brussels South Railway Station: at the NMBS – SNCB Europe - Europe departure today zone (opening hours 05h45-21h30)
- Antwerp Central Railway Station: at the international ticket desk (opening hours 05h45-21h30)
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol: at the international desk (open hours Monday through Saturday 06h15-21h15 / Sunday 06h30-21h15)
- Effective February 2015, there is a transfer surcharge on train segments for KL on all origins and destinations to/from Belgium with a train segment (ZYR or ZWE). Transfer amounts are at 56 per segment for KL fares (via a Q or TF surcharge).This surcharge is shown in the fare notes paragraph TF or surcharge and will appear in the fare calculation box.
- The e-ticket does not have to be a KL (074) document.
- Booking classes J,C,D,I,Z,Y,B,M,U will be First Class train tickets. Other booking classes will be Second Class train tickets.
- The minimum connecting time at AMS for train to flight is 90 minutes.
- The minimum connecting time at AMS for flight to train is 60 minutes.
- Passengers will not accrue Flying Blue Miles for Thalys train travel.
- No YR surcharge applicable on these train-operated segments.
- No train ticket is required for infants.
- Baggage will only be checked to/from AMS - normal check-in deadlines in AMS apply.
- Group requests are not possible on the Thalys train.