Delta Launches Reclaim My Status Customer Loyalty Benefit
Delta SkyMiles Medallion Members can now take advantage of "Reclaim My Status" after a change, event or important life moment has temporarily affected their travel patterns. Built from the ground up based on Member feedback, this is the latest thoughtful addition to Delta's Medallion program.
"Getting back into travel after a big change can be stressful, and this is one more way we're showing Medallion Members that we are here for them when they need it," said Sandeep Dube, Delta's Senior Vice President – Customer Engagement and Loyalty, and CEO – Delta Vacations. "Loyalty is a two-way street and as a leading consumer brand, we are always looking for new ways to take care of our customers."
While each situation will be evaluated on a one-on-one basis, major life events that impact travel may include:
- Becoming a parent, including maternity, paternity, adoption or foster leave
- Recovering from serious illness
- Sustaining serious injury
- Changing jobs or careers
- Caregiving for a family member
- Getting a degree
- And more
Key to the thoughtful development of this benefit was direct feedback from Medallion Members, like Daniel whose frequent travel was abruptly interrupted by a biking accident that left him paralyzed from the mid-abdomen down.
"I knew I wanted to continue traveling for work and exploring the world, so I reached out to Delta to see if they'd consider an exception and let me maintain my status while I recovered," said Dr. Daniel Grossman, an emergency medicine physician and business leader. "While Reclaim My Status did not yet exist, the Delta team heard me out – they surprised me with a gift basket during my recovery, refunded an upcoming trip and extended my Status. Those simple gestures reinforced that I was a member of the Delta family, which has been cemented in my interactions since, especially as I adjusted to my new normal while traveling. I am proud that I was a part of the creation of this new benefit, and I know it will have a tremendous impact on all types of people because life happens to us all."
How Reclaim My Status works
- When Medallion Members are ready to start traveling again after a big change, important life moment or event that affected travel and caused a loss of or change in Status, they should submit a request to get Medallion Status back at delta.com/reclaimmystatus.
- Most Members will receive a decision from Delta within five business days (but it can take up to two weeks) and if approved, they will automatically and immediately enjoy three months of complimentary Medallion Status.
- Then, Members who meet the minimum travel and spend thresholds for that Status Tier over that three-month period retain their Status. The following are a couple of illustrative examples:
- If a Member enrolls in Reclaim My Status on or before Dec. 31, 2019, and meets the thresholds, Medallion Status will be extended through Jan. 31, 2021.
- If a Member enrolls in Reclaim My Status between Jan. 1, 2020, and Dec. 31, 2020, and meets the thresholds, Medallion Status will be extended through Jan. 31, 2022.
To learn more about Reclaim My Status and view applicable terms, visit delta.com/reclaimmystatus.
Delta continues to invest in the SkyMiles Program, named a Best Travel Rewards program by U.S. News & World Report for the second year. The airline is also leading the industry when it comes to launching innovative ways to use miles on more Delta offerings, the latest of which is post-purchase seat upgrades. This pairs with the increased ability to earn miles on everyday activities through partnerships with brands customers love like Lyft and Airbnb. And, the award-winning Delta Sky Club experience continues to be a reason travelers choose to fly Delta.