NEWS: JUNE 04, 2019
6 Tips for Navigating the Busy Summer Travel Season
There’s no time like summer to get away.
Before travelers pack their bags for the busiest travel season of the year, here are a few tips to make our travelers journey a bit smoother:
- Arrive on time. Make plans to arrive at the airport at least three hours ahead of an international flight and two hours ahead of a domestic flight within the U.S., and be aware of construction efforts in places like LGA and LAX.
- Go digital with the Fly Delta app. Don’t walk out your door without downloading the Fly Delta app. From automatic check-in, to bag-tracking with-real time updates or making travel changes on the go – like swapping your seat and treating yourself to an upgrade with miles – the Fly Delta app is your consummate travel companion.
- Know your (carry on) limits. Delta customers are welcome to carry one bag and one personal item onboard, free of charge – just make sure they fit into the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you. And remember, with Delta’s 20-minute bag guarantee for SkyMiles Members and bag tracking on the app, you can check your bag and avoid the hassle altogether.
- Prepare for security screenings. Don’t forget to remove liquids, food items and electronics at the security checkpoint, and be aware that security officers might ask you to remove certain items from your carry-on and place them in a bin.
- Keep tabs on the weather. Don’t forget to keep an eye on the latest weather forecast to help you plan for your trip. In the event of sudden summer storms, you can always check your flight status on delta.com or the Fly Delta App. And rest assured, Delta pilots are well-equipped to handle any bumps along the way, with industry-leading tools at their fingertips to help deliver a smoother, safer ride.
- Stay connected and entertained along the way. Get a jump start on plans with friends and family on the ground through free mobile messaging via iMessage, WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger. Need to browse the internet for some last-minute trip research? Delta has you covered with in-flight Wi-Fi, available for purchase on nearly all international and domestic flights.
And if you’re more in the mood to kick back and relax – Delta Studio has you covered with the latest movie releases, TV shows, fan favorite podcasts and more. Delta has the largest seat-back entertainmement equipped fleet in the world, free to customers in all cabins via seat-back screens or by streaming to a personal device.