Basic Economy Seat Assignment Purchase Option for International Itineraries
Beginning April 10, 2019, Delta is extending the option for customers who have purchased a Basic Economy fare to obtain a seat assignment prior to their flight for a fee, for international itineraries on DL- operated flights. Previously, this option was only available to customers with wholly domestic itineraries.
· Customers who have purchased a Basic Economy fare will have the option to purchase a seat assignment from seven days prior to departure up until the check-in window opens, based on availability.
· Seat assignments obtained within the check-in window will continue to be free.
· The fee is nonrefundable; however, seat assignments may be changed after purchase (i.e. from 30A to 25C).
· Seat assignment purchases may be made on delta.com or via Global Sales Support or Delta Reservations.
· Basic Economy seat assignment purchases are also available via Travelport (Worldspan, Apollo, Galileo) and Amadeus GDS.
When purchasing a seat assignment via this option, all other Basic Economy fare restrictions still apply, including the inability to make changes.
Additional information regarding Basic Economy is available on the Products & Services tab.