UPDATE: Delta Extends Change-Fee Waivers and Onboard Social Distancing Updated 20 April 2020
From offering change-fee waivers for impacted and upcoming travel to supporting social distancing on board, Delta is committed to taking steps to ensure we’re protecting customers during the COVID-19 pandemic. We’re also continually evaluating those steps to stay nimble as the environment changes. That’s why we’re extending a number of recently announced policies and practices.
MAKING TRAVEL CHANGES EASIER
To allow additional flexibility in making travel changes, we’re now extending waived change fees and the flexibility to travel through Sept. 30, 2022, to customers with canceled travel through September 2020. Eligible customers include those who have:
- Upcoming travel already booked between now and Sept. 30 as of April 17, 2020
- Canceled travel from flights between March 2020 and September 2020
Customers can easily cancel and change their bookings on Delta.com.
SUPPORTING SOCIAL DISTANCING DURING TRAVEL
Delta is helping customers and employees practice social distancing on the ground and in the air in keeping with current health-expert recommendations. To promote safe flying, the following temporary changes, launched last week, will now be extended on all flights through the end of June:
- Reducing the total number of passengers per flight
- Blocking middle seats in Main Cabin, Delta Comfort+ and Delta Premium Select
- Pausing automatic, advance Medallion Complimentary Upgrades and processing any available upgrades at the gate instead
- Modifying our boarding process so customers will now be boarded by row, starting from the rear of the aircraft toward the front
Just like our customers, we’re continuing to learn as we go. Above all, the safety of our customers – as well as that of our employees – is our top priority.