Delta Will Block Middle-Seat Selection, Cap Cabin Seating Through Sept. 30, 2020
Delta is extending our commitment to make more space for safer travel by continuing to block the selection of middle seats and capping seating in every cabin through September 30, 2020.
Below are Delta’s latest updates:
- We are extending our seating caps: Through September 30, Delta will ensure more space for customers on all aircraft by capping seating at 50% in First Class; 60% in Main Cabin, Delta Comfort+, and Delta Premium Select; and 75% in Delta One to reduce the total number of customers on board.
- We continue to block middle seats: Through September 30, all middle seats will continue to be shown as unavailable or not assignable when selecting seats via the Fly Delta app or online.
- Starting June 16, Delta will inhibit the generic seat assignment request made through the GDS, to reduce the chances of inadvertently assigning a seat next to another customer.
- Delta encourages Travel Agents to use the seat maps in their GDS to assign seats instead of assigning seats using the generic seat assignment request.
- Global Sales Support is available to assist Travel Agents who need help finding seats for customers who want to sit next to each other.
- Global Sales Support is available to assist Travel Agents who are looking for seats that allow social distancing for their customers.
- We are restarting automatic Medallion upgrades: Starting June 10, we are resuming automatic, advance Medallion Complimentary Upgrades to Delta One (domestic U.S.), First Class and Delta Comfort+ – which were previously being managed at the gate – subject to availability and as permitted by the seat caps.
- We are adding flying where we are full: On routes where increasing customer demand is driving load factors closer to our caps, we will look for opportunities to upgauge to a larger aircraft type or add more flying.
As we’ve done throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we will continue to evaluate our practices to ensure we are meeting the needs of our customers. More details about how Delta is delivering a safer travel experience for our customers are available to view here.