2021 Basic Economy (BE) Changeability– Bulletin 1 *
TRAVEL EXCEPTION POLICY ADVISORY
2021 Basic Economy (BE) Changeability– Bulletin 1
ISSUED: July 27, 2021 9:00 PM ET
Applies only for customers with an Original Ticket Issue Date from May 1, 2021 – December 31, 2021, booked for travel between July 28, 2021 and December 31, 2021.
Delta Air Lines is issuing a waiver to provide customers with a Basic Economy fare additional flexibility as we add additional flights to our schedule.
Issued On: DL 006 Ticket Stock
Applicable to Travel On: Delta / Delta Connection / DL coded KLM operated / KLM coded DL operated/AF coded DL operated /DL coded AF operated
The following applicable Travel dates apply only for customers with tickets purchased between May 1, 2021 and December 31, 2021: July 28, 2021 – December 31, 2021
Affected Area(s) To/From/Through the following cities:
- Original Tickets issued May 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021, for any destination
All travel must be completed by: December 31, 2022
Ticket must be reissued on or before: December 31, 2021
Event Waiver Codes:
- Cabin to Cabin or Class to Class: N/A
- Use Waiver code Z5V2J to allow for Basic Economy changeability, provided:
- New itinerary is rebooked/ticketed within all parameters of this policy
- New itinerary is priced at current applicable fares and rules
Required Documentation for Reissue
- Waiver code placement:
- Waiver code should be placed in the ticket designator field if no other ticket designator is being used
- If another ticket designator is being used, place the waiver code in the tour code box
- If the tour code box is already in use, place the waiver code in the first position of the endorsement box
- PNR must be documented with the following OSI message:
- OSI DL CHANGES PER 2021 BE CHG WAIVER 27JUL21
Travel agents may rebook and reissue tickets provided the below guidelines are met and applied:
- Travel has not commenced on the affected flight segment and the ticket has not been reissued by Delta
- The first departure flight is more than 3 hours away
- Customer has not checked in; if checked in, travel agent may contact Delta Sales Support or Reservations for assistance.
- Only one change is permitted under this policy (Bulletin #).
- Tickets can only be reissued by the agency that originally issued the ticket
- Bulk/Net Fare tickets must be referred to original issuing agent
- Some affected itineraries may have been proactively rebooked and reissued. If assistance is needed with additional changes, please contact Delta.
- Changes outside of these guidelines are subject to the reissue rules of the ticketed fare. This includes any applicable additional collection or administrative fees.
Minimum/Maximum Stay Requirements
Minimum/Maximum Stay Requirements may be waived under these circumstances:
- When a change to the outbound travel occurs, the unaffected return date may be changed to protect the original length of the trip. The return travel must be booked in the original class of service.
- In addition, PNR must be documented with OSI (where required by GDS) below and the applicable waiver code used and documented on ticket as noted below.
Future Travel Rebooking Options
- Customers who rebook their travel to begin on/before December 31, 2021, and reissue their ticket on/before December 31, 2021, may be subject to any applicable additional fare for their new itinerary. In addition, PNR must be documented with OSI (where required by GDS) and the applicable waiver code used and documented on ticket as noted above.
Change to Origin / Destination
- Changes to Origin / Destination are permitted and subject to additional collection for the new itinerary. To reissue, apply the value of the unused flight coupon (s) and exchange to issue another ticket with the new origin/destination at current applicable fares. Collect any applicable fare difference at the time of reissue.
- Ticket must be reissued within policy guidelines, PNR is documented with OSI (where required by GDS) below and the applicable change fee waiver code is applied as noted in the waiver section below.
Delta’s Travel Exception Policy may change at any time without advance notice.
Each of our partners have travel agent resource websites to access the most up to date information and news. Use the links below to access each website:
* Please note: A login is required to access this information.
* * Cette page est en cours de traduction. Pour la version Française, merci de revenir à cette page ultérieurement.