Delta to Launch PARALLEL REALITY™ Tech
Delta will launch PARALLEL REALITY™ tech to serve up airport messages tailored to individual travelers – on a single screen, at the same time.
In partnership with Misapplied Sciences, the airline is launching the first-ever Parallel Reality beta experience for customers departing Detroit Metropolitan Airport this year, the first step toward a future where the airport environment itself is tailored to each customer.
The new, opt-in technology will allow nearly 100 customers to simultaneously view personalized content tailored to their individual travel. Information like directions to their departure gate, or the closest Delta Sky Club, will be available on a single screen and in their preferred language.
How the beta experience will work:
- After moving through security at Detroit, travelers will see a Parallel Reality display near the Delta Sky Club (Concourse A, McNamara Terminal).
- Delta customers departing from Detroit who want to participate can scan their boarding pass on the boarding pass scanner and select the language they want to use.
- Leveraging multi-view pixels and proprietary technology, each customer will be able to see personalized, in-language messages – tailored just to them – as they walk past the digital screen.
- For the trial, tailored messages may include personalized wayfinding, flight information or updates, boarding time, the nearest Delta Sky Club or even upgrade/standby status.
- This experience will always be opt-in, and customer information is not stored.
Key highlights: Delta’s recent industry-leading tech innovations
- Introducing the first end-to-end biometric terminal in the US at Atlanta‘s international airport.
- Real-time RFID bag tracking and automatic check-in via the Fly Delta mobile app.
- More efficient and high-tech automated screening lanes.
- Groundbreaking app that helps Delta pilots avoid turbulence for a more comfortable flight
- Delta has been named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies worldwide for two consecutive years, and Fortune’s Most Admired Airline for eight of the past nine years.
Learn more here