Delta Celebrates 40 Years in Germany *
Delta has marked its 40th anniversary of service to Germany, with the airline growing its network from one daily flight in 1979 to eight daily services from five German cities in 2019.
The airline’s German network goes from strength to strength. Last year alone, more than 1.1 million customers flew with Delta between Germany and the United States – more than the population of Frankfurt.
Over four decades, Delta has transformed the onboard experience for its customers. Even as far back as 1979, Delta offered in-flight entertainment - a 16mm motion picture film system with large ceiling-mounted horizontal film reels.
Fast forward and today, customers enjoy in-seat entertainment in every cabin, with 1000+ hours of on-demand Delta Studio® entertainment, free mobile messaging and optional access to high-speed Wi-Fi.
Here are a few more highlights both past and present:
- Last year, Delta flew 4,900 flights between Germany and the U.S.
- The most popular U.S. destinations for German travellers are New York, Atlanta, Detroit, Orlando, Los Angeles and Las Vegas
- Today, Delta flies to Atlanta from Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Munich and Stuttgart; New York-JFK from Berlin, and Frankfurt; and Detroit from Munich
- In 1979, Delta offered 11 “words and music” channels on board featuring classical and modern artists from Schubert to Frank Sinatra. Today, there are 16 channels to choose from featuring everything from the classics to Reggae and Rock.
* * Esta página sólo está disponible en inglés. Disculpen las molestias.