The Airbus A220
The Next Era of Air Travel Is Here, The Airbus A220-100.
The next era of air travel started in February 2019, on top domestic business routes on the new A220-100 aircraft, a state-of-the-art narrowbody jet with all the amenities and luxury of a widebody aircraft. Delta was the first U.S. airline to take delivery of the A220, formerly known as the "C Series," which will feature a modern interior with a spacious, widebody feel, and best-in-class fuel performance.
The A220 aircraft is designed to be “experience-rich” for customers and has been based on on-going customer feedback. The aircraft will offer the following features:
- The widest Main Cabin seats in Delta’s fleet
- Extra-large windows
- High-capacity overhead bins
- Full-spectrum LED ambient lighting
- Power outlets, in-flight Wi-Fi and seat back entertainment in all cabins
In the First Class cabin, customers can look forward to the debut of a new, modern First Class seat design in a two-by-two layout, featuring the largest IFE screens of any Delta domestic First Class seat.
Customers flying in Delta Comfort+ on the A220 can expect thoughtful extras, like more legroom and dedicated overhead bin space, in a customer-preferred two-by-three seat configuration.
Delta's A220s will feature 18.6" wide Main Cabin seats – the widest Main Cabin seats in Delta's fleet – in a two-by-three layout. Each customer will also have personal power ports and complimentary premium entertainment on individual seat-back screens.
Powered by Pratt & Whitney's latest geared turbofan PW1500G engine, the A220 takes advantage of advanced technology and composite materials designed to deliver an expected 20 percent improvement in fuel efficiency over similar-sized aircraft.
Markets that will feature the A220
- New York-LGA to Boston
- New York-LGA to Dallas/Ft. Worth
- Detroit to Dallas/Ft. Worth (March)
- New York-LGA to Houston-IAH (April)
- Salt Lake City to Dallas/Ft. Worth (May)
- Minneapolis/St. Paul to Dallas/Ft. Worth (June)
- Houston-IAH to Detroit & Minneapolis/St. Paul (July)
- Houston-IAH to Salt Lake City (July)
- New York-JFK to Dallas/Ft. Worth (August)
'Best in Class:' Binge all three episodes of Delta's A220 miniseries
Years of hard work and preparation from nearly every team at Delta have culminated in the airline's first flights on Feb. 7. Binge all three episodes of "Best in Class," a miniseries all about the preparation and launch of Delta's newest narrowbody, state-of-the-art jet.
To watch the videos on News Hub please click here: Delta's A220 miniseries