UPDATE: 5 things to know about Delta’s Atlanta operation today
Delta has cancelled nearly 400 flights today as it works to recover from a power outage at the Atlanta airport that shut down the facility for much of Sunday.
Nearly 1,000 Delta flights were cancelled on Sunday following the power outage, which impacted all airlines operating in Atlanta.
Power has been restored, and here's what Delta customers traveling through Atlanta today need to know:
- As of 10:15 a.m., airport trains are operational, but customers are still advised to arrive early due to high airport volume. Customers with paper boarding passes from yesterday will need to reprint them before going through security checkpoints for travel today.
- Delta is working to reaccommodate customers. Those who need booking assistance are encouraged to go to the Fly Delta app or delta.com to check flight status before leaving for the airport.
- Delta customers flying to, from or though Atlanta can make a one-time change to their travel plans. Details of the waiver can be found here on the Delta Professional website.
- Delta has temporarily embargoed travel for unaccompanied minors traveling to, from or through Atlanta Monday due to the power outage. Unaccompanied minors who already began their travel Sunday may continue.
- Delta has established a dedicated line to assist customers with checked luggage that was impacted by the disruption. Customers (including Air France-KLM customers) should call 1-888-977-1005 to arrange for baggage delivery. Due to congestion, customers are encouraged to call the dedicated line for assistance rather than going to an airport baggage service office.
Throughout the outage, Delta people at every level have been engaged to ensure customers are taken care of. Delta executives have been in touch with leaders at the Atlanta Airport, the Atlanta city government and Georgia Power, while Delta’s Peach Corps of volunteers has been supporting Atlanta frontline teams — from passing out refreshments to scouring the airport area for food to bring back to customers. Delta is reimbursing customers who needed to make hotel accommodations Sunday in Atlanta.
For the most up to date information, please visit Delta News Hub and the Delta Professional website. The Atlanta airport is also providing updates on @ATLairport.The Atlanta airport is providing updates on @ATLairport.