Delta Introduces ‘S’ Class for Delta Comfort+™ Upgrades and Award Bookings
Effective May 31, 2017, for flights departing June 8, 2017 and beyond, Delta is introducing the ‘S’ inventory class for bookings of certain Delta Comfort+ upgrades, Delta SkyMiles award bookings and eNCI certificate bookings.
About the Change
This change will help travel partners better identify how customers have selected Delta Comfort+ by using separate inventory classes to differentiate purchased bookings (‘W’) from upgrade/award bookings (‘S’).
Delta Comfort+ purchased as a fare or as an ancillary seat purchase must be booked from available ‘W’ inventory.
Delta Comfort+ booked for any of the following must be booked from available ‘S’ inventory:
- Complimentary SkyMiles Medallion® upgrade;
- Medallion certificate upgrade;
- Upgrades and tickets via eNCI certificates; and
- SkyMiles award redemption
What Delta is Doing
Delta customers who are currently booked in Delta Comfort+ as one of the above upgrades or redemption and who will be departing on or after June 8, 2017 will be reassigned to ‘S’ class. No action is required by travel partners as Delta is working to make that transition as seamless as possible with these steps:
- Customers traveling via a Delta Comfort+ fare or ancillary seat purchase are not impacted and will remain in ‘W’ class for all departure dates.
- Delta will work to retain agency control of affected tickets and existing seat assignments.
- Tickets associated with the bookings converted from ‘W’ to ‘S’ class are ready for check in and do not need to be revalidated or reissued.
- Customers traveling with a ‘W’ class booking before June 8, 2017 are not impacted.
- There is no impact to customers wishing to make voluntary changes to existing reservations:
- Agencies may assist customers as normal by selecting from available fares and inventory to make desired changes, and existing ticket values may be applied to the new fare as usual.
- Existing eNCI and upgrade certificates should continue to be redeemed as they normally would, and outstanding certificates continue to be valid.
Evolving Delta's Booking Classes
This change is an evolutionary step to better identify and service award/upgrade bookings separate from revenue bookings. In the future, Delta plans to allow travel agency partners to redeem Medallion and eNCI certificates in the GDS to create ‘S’ class bookings. This is a first step in implementing this vision.
Travel partners seeking to assist customers with Delta Comfort+ certificate redemptions should continue to contact Global Sales Support, Delta Reservations or their Delta Sales Representative as needed.
Should you have any questions, please contact Delta Sales Support.