Delta eCredits are electronic documents that may be applied toward the cost of a Delta ticket and any government-imposed taxes and fees for up to one year from the date they were issued. Electronic ticket vouchers including eDBC, eTCV, eMCO, and DTV.
- Delta eCredits may be redeemed via the GDS by a travel agent, on delta.com, through Delta Sales Support, at a Delta City Ticket Office (CTO), General Sales Agent (GSA) or Airport ticketing location worldwide. Please note: If redeemed via a Delta representative in Sales Support or Reservations, at a City Ticket Office, GSA or Airport location, a Direct Ticketing Charge may apply.
- Delta eCredits redeemed via an agency GDS or via delta.com have no Direct Ticketing Charge.
- Delta eCredits can only be used toward ticket purchases, exchanges or reissues.
- Depending on the terms and conditions, they may be combinable with other Delta eCerts or eCredits.
- A maximum of three exchange documents (eCredits or unused tickets) may be applied towards a single ticket transaction. A maximum of two eCredits are allowed for award travel transactions.
- Delta eCredits are NOT eligible to be applied toward the purchase of any miscellaneous transactions such as upgrades, Delta Sky Club passes, baggage fees, UMNR, oxygen, etc.
Delta eCredit Residual Value
- For eCredits redeemed via delta.com, Delta Sales Support, at a Delta City Ticket Office (CTO), General Sales Agent (GSA) or Airport ticketing location, a residual value document will be issued, if the customer does not use the entire value of the Delta eCredit.
- For eCredits redeemed via a GDS, there is no residual value document issued, if the customer does not use the entire value of the Delta eCredit.
Terms and Conditions
To view terms and conditions for a specific Delta eCredit go to delta.com:
- Book a Trip tab
- Select Use Certificates or eCredits link
- Enter Certificates or eCredits number and select the continue button
Frequently Asked Questions