5 Tips for Customers Traveling Through LAX May 13-17
From May 12-17, Delta and Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA) will orchestrate one of the largest terminal moves at an operating airport in the history of commercial aviation.
The move is a major step toward the Delta Sky Way at LAX, Delta’s $1.9 billion plan to modernize, upgrade and connect Terminals 2, 3 and Tom Bradley International Terminal. On certain days of the move, Delta will operate out of four different terminals – 2, 3, 5 and 6 – so it’s important to plan ahead.
Here's what travelers need to know to make the travel experience as smooth as possible:
- Download the updated Fly Delta app for an interactive LAX map with turn-by-turn walking directions and up-to-the-minute terminal information.
- Check terminal and gate information prior to arriving at LAX. Delta customers should use the Fly Delta app or delta.com and reconfirm gate information upon arrival at the airport.
- Arrive early. Delta recommends arriving three hours prior to domestic departures and four hours prior to international departures.
- When in doubt, ask for help. Delta and LAWA will have hundreds of employees and volunteers stationed throughout the impacted terminals to assist customers. They will wear bright green vests that say “Ask Me.”
- re:LAX! Despite Delta’s extensive planning, passengers may still experience some inconvenience during a move of this scale, so Delta is trying to help alleviate some of that stress in a small way by providing customers a moment of relaxation through complimentary, mini spa-like experiences and wellness-enhancing touch points in the impacted terminals, including: massages, Headspace meditation pods and one-month Headspace subscriptions. Headspace meditation sessions are also available onboard via Delta Studio, Cucumber water, Kiehl’s hydrating mist., Pressed Juicery mini juices with a discount on a future purchase, Kind bars, Lavender diffusers and Biscoff cookies on the airside shuttle