Watch How Delta Ensures Cleaner Surfaces Across Travel Journey
Delta is ensuring clean surfaces across the customer travel journey and offering a close look at the processes and products that provide an industry-leading approach to cleanliness.
Customers can travel with confidence as Delta continues to put in place new layers of protection, from the expansion of electrostatic spraying to new tidying kits that help flight attendants as they increase their focus on lavatory cleanliness.
Clean surfaces are a critical part of our multi-layered approach – check out the video to see:
- Continuous cleaning at ticket counters, gates, Delta Sky Clubs and baggage claim
- Electrostatic spraying using a high-grade disinfectant that ensures no surface goes unnoticed – both onboard and in the airport
- Providing flight crews with the supplies they need for onboard cleaning and special kits for cleaning lavatories during each flight
- Frequent and thorough manual cleaning of high-touch surfaces, with flight crews empowered to hold an aircraft for further cleaning
- Giving customers disinfectant wipes, pre-packaged care kits and snack bags that limit touchpoints and offer customers control over their experience
- Promoting a touchless experience with the Fly Delta App
A continuous drive to improve
The airline continues to think through innovative approaches to cleanliness. Beginning this week, Delta’s Global Cleanliness Organization is exploring how ATP testing devices – which are regularly used to swab surfaces in hospitals and restaurants – could be added to our rigorous cleaning program to bring a more calculated approach to cleanliness. Using these devices to spot check high-touch surfaces in the airport and onboard will help us build out standards to ensure surfaces are consistently cleaned to the highest internal specifications and drive additional sanitization enhancements across the travel journey.
Leading the industry in cleanliness innovation, Delta is also is partnering with trusted organizations like Mayo Clinic and RB (makers of Lysol). These are just a few examples of how Delta thinks big, starts small and scales fast with innovations that protect both customers and employees.
Keeping your surfaces clean, giving you more space and offering safer service are core to the Delta CareStandard – the airline’s ongoing, organization-wide commitment to cleanliness and safety. Learn more about how Delta is delivering a safe travel experience for customers and employees.