Delta to Redeploy New Aircraft from Suspended China Routes to trans-Atlantic
To maximize the usage of all available capacity, Delta is redeploying its state-of-the-art widebody aircraft from service on suspended China routes to currently operated Trans-Atlantic routes, for travel on/after March 2, 2020. This move will result in a number of larger aircraft and enhanced seat product offerings on the below Trans-Atlantic flights. The aircraft changes were loaded into the GDS, as a schedule change, on Saturday, February 8, 2020. Please check the GDS for these changes.
Additional Delta Premium Select Seating:
With the redeployment of the larger aircraft, Delta has added additional capacity for the Delta Premium Select cabin in some Trans-Atlantic markets. Should a customer wish to upgrade to Delta Premium Select, instructions to process the upgrade are available below:
Delta Premium Select
· Purchase as a fare; if no itinerary changes are being made, follow the Main Cabin Fare to Premium Fare Ticket Exchange Policy available on the Delta Professional Travel Agency website.
· For any other request please contact Global Sales Support or Delta Reservations for assistance
Travel Agency Reaccommodation and Ticket Reissue Guidelines:
If a customer was originally booked in Delta Comfort+ and Delta’s schedule change results in an upgrade of equipment, the reaccommodation may result in a complimentary upgrade from Delta Comfort+ to Delta Premium Select, for some customers. If this occurs, travel agency may:
· Accept the reaccommodation to the upgraded class of service and check to see if the ticket was revalidated.
o If the ticket was revalidated, no additional action is required.
· If the ticket was not revalidated, accept the reaccommodation to the upgraded class of service and manually reissue the ticket as an even exchange.
· Document the PNR with the following OSI message:
o OSI DL REISSUE DUE TO EQPT CHG AND CLS OF SVC UPGRADE
For further assistance, please contact Global Sales Support or Delta Reservations.