For Fifth Consecutive Year, Delta SkyMiles Named a Best Travel Rewards Program by U.S. News
For the fifth year in a row*, Delta’s SkyMiles program secured the No. 2 spot overall and outperformed all global airlines in U.S. News & World Report’s annual ranking of airline loyalty programs. U.S. News recognized Delta SkyMiles for its impressive number of daily flights and “programs that make it easier for members to earn and redeem (miles) and achieve or retain elite status.”
“Understanding and adapting to our customers’ needs is critical to building sustainable customer loyalty, and that’s never been more true than it is today, as we all readjust to changes brought on by the pandemic,” said Dwight James, S.V.P. of Customer Engagement and Loyalty and CEO of Delta Vacations. “Whether you are waiting to take your first flight back or never stopped flying, we are committed to earning your loyalty every time you travel with us, and we are grateful for your continued support.”
The recognition comes as Delta has led the industry in making its loyalty program more rewarding and easy to use, with changes and updates that include:
- Medallion Status extensions and accelerators: To thank customers and provide more flexibility through a difficult year, Delta recently launched the most generous Status extensions in the industry and is the only U.S. airline to allow Status earn on tickets booked with miles. This builds on Delta’s industry-leading Status accelerators, which debuted earlier this year. The airline is also rolling over all Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) for the second year in a row and automatically extended many SkyMiles and Delta SkyMiles American Express Card benefits.
- More flexibility: Delta removed fees for changing or canceling Award Tickets, and customers will no longer lose miles for canceling within 72 hours of departure.
- More personalization: Customers can now choose Delta Comfort+ Complimentary Upgrade seat preferences on an individual flight basis.
- Enhanced Card benefits: In January 2020, Delta and American Express re-launched the Delta SkyMiles Card portfolio, with new benefits designed to reward customers throughout their travel and in their everyday.
- New partnerships: Customers can now earn miles with a variety of air and non-air partners, including Cape Air, Wheels Up and Ticketmaster.
Customers can also continue to take advantage of their favorite benefits, which include:
- Miles don't expire.
- No blackout dates for Award Tickets on any Delta flight.
- Industry-leading Medallion Benefits like: Complimentary Upgrades to Delta One on domestic flights, Rollover MQMs and Choice Benefits for Diamond and Platinum Medallion Members.
- Ability to earn miles on everyday activities with brands that customers love like American Express, Ticketmaster, Lyft and Airbnb.
- Innovative ways to use miles, like post-purchase seat upgrades.
Delta continues to give customers even more ways to reclaim the joy of travel, all underpinned by our commitment to the Delta CareStandard’s science-backed health and safety efforts. Learn more about what the airline is doing to make it easy to plan upcoming travel, manage entry restrictions and earn Medallion Status.