Fly Delta App 5.0 Update Aims to Simplify Travel
Building off Delta’s multi-year work to bring consistency, simplicity and clarity across the travel journey, Delta’s latest app release will feature new color accents throughout that are specific to the branded fare purchased and reflect delta.com.
Starting in the shopping experience within the app, Fly Delta users will notice color accents associated with each of Delta’s fare products: Basic Economy, Main Cabin, Delta Comfort+, Delta Premium Select/First Class and Delta One. These helpful visual cues will align in booking, seat selection, and even appear on a customer’s boarding pass within the app – mirroring the colors seen on screens and signs at the gate as boarding begins for a flight, and making it easier to recognize when it’s time to board.
Expanding on fan favorites: New app features coming later this year
Customers can also look forward to several new app features coming soon as part of Delta’s ongoing work to improve clarity in the travel experience and make the Fly Delta app the consummate travel companion.
An industry first: International auto check-in
Later this year, Delta will expand its auto-check-in feature, a popular feature for Delta’s domestic customers – bringing the time-saving, automated feature to customers travelling internationally.
Eligible customers will be checked in automatically, 24 hours prior to their scheduled departure. Customers will receive an alert via email or push notification, open the app, input or confirm passport information, and their boarding pass will be there along with all the tools needed for their trip.
Once inside the app, customers can access the “Today” mode to easily add checked bags, change seats and purchase upgrades.
Integrated security wait times in select markets
Delta is also testing integrated security wait times in select markets. Customers flying out of Seattle and New York-LGA can now see wait times at their fingertips inside the Fly Delta app – making it easy to compare various checkpoint times and then navigate to Sky Priority, TSA Pre-Check, CLEAR and standard TSA lines.
As part of initial testing, this feature is now available to customers flying out of SEA and LGA, with expanded side-by-side functionality coming by the end of the year.
Popular pre-select meal program
Also starting later this year, Delta One and domestic First Class customers will be able to take advantage of Delta’s popular pre-select meal program – giving them the option to choose their meal weeks in advance – straight from the Fly Delta app.
This move follows rave reviews from customers who’ve already taken advantage of pre-select over email, where the program was initially offered. By expanding to the Fly Delta app, customers will be able to able to select their preferred meal even further in advance, beginning 21 days prior to their trip. Customers will also be able to select meals for others travelling under the same reservation.
As the trip gets closer, customers who haven’t yet made a meal selection will receive an email, reminding them to select an entrée. From there, they’ll be driven to the “Trip Overview” screen in the Fly Delta app to browse their entrée options and pick their favorite plate. Customers can even make changes to their selection up to 24 hours prior to their trip.
More than 2 million Delta customers have chosen to pre-select their meals since the program began in 2018, giving them the peace of mind that their first meal choice will be available on board.
More reasons to tap “More”
Delta’s latest app release includes even more reasons to tap “More” inside the Fly Delta app. Here are six features inside the “More” tab that make travel more seamless.
- Message Us: Delta’s latest mobile assist tool is now integrated directly inside the Fly Delta app. Customers using an iOS or Android device can simply tap “Message Us” to be connected with a live Delta representative for in-the-moment assistance, or with a Delta Virtual Assistant to get quick answers to frequently asked questions, all through their messaging app – the same way customers message with friends and family.
- Carbon Offsetting: Building off Delta’s efforts to continue carbon-neutral growth, customers can access a carbon calculator directly from the app to offset carbon emissions associated with trips and invest in sustainability projects of their choice.
- Flight Status: By tapping “Flight Status,” customers can track flights and sign up for alerts on flights taken by family and friends.
- Track My Bags: Customers can tap “Track my Bags” to follow their bag’s journey, including bags of travel partners that might be in separate reservations.
- Delta Sky Club: Under “Delta Sky Club,” customers can easily look up locations and amenities for Sky Clubs worldwide, including clubs by partner airlines.
- Delta’s Fleet: Inside “Delta’s Fleet,” customers can explore stats and view seat maps for all Delta and Delta Connection aircraft.