Economy Advanced Seat Assignment (ASA) for Virgin Atlantic Updated July 20, 2015
All Virgin Atlantic passengers may choose their seat online for free,* once check in opens, 24 hours before flight departure. However, if a customer wants to select specific seats before then, they will be able to do so from 336 days before their flight, for a fee.
The fee does not apply to customers who are:
- Corporate travelers on a negotiated Corporate fare**
- Delta SkyMiles® Diamond, Platinum or Gold member
- Traveling in Virgin’s Upper Class cabin
- Traveling in Virgin’s Premium Economy cabin
- Traveling in Virgin’s Economy class on Y or B booking classes only
- A Flying Club Gold member
- Traveling as part of a group via Virgin Atlantic’s Groups department
- Additional exemptions may apply
* This does not apply to extra legroom and exit row seats.
** For Virgin Atlantic flights please ensure the corporate identifier (deal code/ticket designator) is in the PNR OSI as instructed on the individual ticketing instructions provided by VAA Corporate Sales. This must be present in the PNR, before pre- assigning seats.
- Travel agents will continue to have the ability to assign seats in the GDS for Upper Class, Premium Economy and exempt Economy booking classes – ‘Y’ and ‘B’.
- Advance seat assignment (ASA) requests for all other Economy booking classes and exempt passenger categories (as noted above) must be requested online via “Manage my Booking” on the Virgin Atlantic website.
- Seat Assignments for Delta-Marketed, Virgin Atlantic-Operated Flights must be initiated on delta.com, via the “My Trips” link (see instructions below).
- View a list of FAQs about seat selection for Delta marketed, Virgin Atlantic operated flights.
Seat Assignments for Delta-Coded, Virgin Atlantic-Operated Flights
Please use the following process to assign Virgin Atlantic (VS) complimentary or for purchase advanced seat assignments on Delta-marketed, Virgin Atlantic-operated flights.
- Go to delta.com and display the Delta PNR via the My Trips link; look for the DL-marketed VS-operated flight(s).
- Click “View Seat Map” which will display a VS seat map for reference only.
- The message below appears; click the link to continue to the Virgin Atlantic website:
- The Virgin Atlantic website will display the passenger’s flight itinerary; scroll down to locate the flight and click “View or Change Seats”.
- Select an available seat on the seat map and click “Submit” to confirm the seat.
1. Go to virgin-atlantic.com and select “My booking”
2. Enter the customer’s First name (include the middle and title if included in the GDS first name field)
3. Enter the customer’s Last name
4. Enter the customer’s Virgin Atlantic's (VS) Booking ref or E-Ticket number (this must be a VS 932 ticket number. A DL 006 ticket number will not work).
5. Select “Find my booking”
6. The Virgin Atlantic website will display the passenger’s flight itinerary; scroll down to locate the flight and click “View or Change Seats”.
7. Select an available seat on the seat map and click “Submit” to confirm the seat.
Please note: Once the seat is assigned, it will not appear in the agency or Delta PNR. If it is necessary to verify or view the seat assignment, follow the steps above, for the respective airline.
For questions regarding seat selection on Virgin Atlantic flights, travel agents may visit Virgin Atlantic’s agency website or contact Virgin Atlantic Sales Support via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 1-855-485-9064.
To view information on Delta’s Virgin Atlantic Partnership, please click here.
How far in advance are seats available to be assigned on Virgin Atlantic flights?
Seat assignment is available 336 days prior to departure.
Can a travel agency assign seats via the GDS?
Travel agents have the ability to assign seats at the time of booking in the GDS for Virgin Atlantic Upper Class, Premium Economy and exempt Economy booking classes – ‘Y’ and ‘B’.
Advance seat assignment (ASA) requests for all other Economy booking classes and exempt passenger categories must be requested online via “Manage my Booking” on the Virgin Atlantic website.
What is the process to select a seat if the flight is booked on Delta but it is operated by Virgin Atlantic?
The customer or agency will need to click on “My Trips” on delta.com first, which will link to “Manage my Booking” on the Virgin Atlantic website, where the seat can be selected and paid for, if applicable.
How is a corporate traveler booking exempted from the seat fee?
Advance seat allocation is free-of-charge for tickets issued using a negotiated corporate fare provided the agency PNR is documented as indicated:
Delta booked corporate PNRs
In order to be able to select a seat in advance for free, the agency PNR must first be ticketed using a valid corporate ticket designator, prior to assigning a seat.
Virgin Atlantic booked PNRs
Agencies are asked to please have the corporate identifier (deal code/ticket designator) in the PNR OSI as instructed on the individual ticketing instructions provided by VAA Corporate Sales. This must be present in the PNR, before pre- assigning seats.