Operational Performance Commitment
Our commitment to you just got an upgrade.
Our commitment to operational excellence has never been stronger and has been expanded to include all delays and cancellations, system-wide. And now, we even include baggage. Of course, if our performance in flight delays and cancellations or mishandled bag rate should rank lower than that of other U.S.-based global airlines*, we will compensate your company with UATP credit, which can be used to buy travel on Delta.
FLIGHT DELAYS AND CANCELLATIONS
- GLOBAL COVERAGE - Your traveler’s business can take them around the world. That is why both domestic and international flights are now included in our enhanced commitment for delays and cancellations.
- MAINLINE & REGIONAL - Our Delta Connection® carriers are an extension of our brand. Now any Delta system-wide flight, mainline or regional, is included in our enhanced commitment for delays and cancellations.
- UNCONTROLLABLE EVENTS - Business doesn’t stop for weather, and neither should your travelers. We now take into account any delay or cancellation, regardless of circumstances – including weather.
AN ADDITIONAL COMMITMENT TO YOU: To run a successful business, your travelers need their tools. Our new commitment to you, measured separately from delays and cancellations, is to ensure their bags arrive with them more often than either of our U.S.-based global competitors*.
On-time performance and completion factor continue to be the backbone of our industry-first Operational Excellence Commitment (OPC). That is why our innovative approach to operational excellence and our commitment to you, can be imitated, but never duplicated.
- OPC’s passenger compensation is initiated if Delta’s completion factor and A-14 on-time performance, as measured by FlightStats data, falls below both of American Airlines and United Air Lines for a full calendar year
- OPC’s baggage compensation is initiated if Delta’s mishandled bag complaints rate, as measured by D.O.T. domestic, mainline data, is greater than both of American Airlines and United Air Lines for a full calendar year
- Eligible account will be compensated through an equity credit payment via their UATP account
- Payment eligibility for your company is contingent on 95% or above overall contract fulfillment of its Corporate Sales Agreement (CSA)
- Annual payments would be made using calendar-year average performance of both Delta’s reliability and CSA fulfillment
- The final compensation amount is based on CSA fulfillment rates; fulfillment at or above 110% receives a 50% bonus
Terms & Conditions:
General Description of Operational Performance Commitment Benefit: The Operational Performance Commitment (“OPC”) is a beyond-contract value benefit available to select corporate accounts in good standing that have US point of sale discounts as part of their corporate sales agreement and an assigned US account manager that will provide remuneration to such accounts in the event that Delta Air Lines’ (“Delta”) operational performance is not as good as the respective operational performances of American Air Lines (“AA”) and United Air Lines (“UA”) as measured over a calendar year. Conditions for Remuneration: To be eligible for any OPC payment, the following conditions must be satisfied: 1. the corporate account is not in breach of its Joint Corporate Incentive Agreement with Delta and one or more of its partner airlines (the “CSA”) during such calendar year; and 2. the corporate account has achieved at least a Ninety-five Percent (95%) Contract Fulfillment under its CSA during the applicable calendar year. If a corporate account had two CSAs in effect during the applicable calendar year, the weighted average (based on days of the year) Contract Fulfillment under each of the CSAs will be used to determine the corporate account’s Contract Fulfillment for purposes of this condition; and 3. the corporate account must have a CSA in effect and in good standing as of December 31st of the applicable calendar year. In addition, an eligible corporate account will be entitled to a passenger experience OPC payment with respect to a particular calendar year if, and only if, each of the following conditions are also satisfied: 1. Delta’s A-14 Rate during such calendar year is lower than each of AA and UA’s A-14 Rate during the same calendar year; and 2. Delta’s Completion Factor is lower than each of AA and UA’s Completion Factor during the same calendar year. An eligible corporate account will be entitled to a baggage experience OPC payment with respect to a particular calendar year if, and only if, the following condition is also satisfied: Delta’s Mishandled Baggage Report rate is higher than each of AA and UA’s Mishandled Baggage Report rate during the same calendar year. Data Sources: Each of Delta’s, AA’s and UA’s A-14 Rate and Completion Factor will be based on the respective airline’s System Wide operations only during the applicable calendar year. The source for each of Delta’s, AA’s and UA’s A-14 Rate and Completion Factor will be based on the statistics reported by FlightStats, a leading independent aggregator of global aviation flight information. Each of Delta’s, AA’s and UA’s Mishandled Baggage Reports Rate will be based on the statistics published by the DOT’s Bureau of Transportation Statistics. Payment Calculation: An eligible corporate account’s OPC payment amount, if any, will be dependent on the number of IROP Events experienced and number of checked bags by the corporate account’s Eligible Travelers (as defined in the CSA) during the applicable calendar year. IROP Events and checked bags will be tracked via the corporate account’s ticket designator code. Subject to the satisfaction of the applicable conditions set forth above, eligible corporate accounts whose CSA Contract Fulfillment Rate is between 95% and 109.9% will earn the following credits toward its OPC payments:
General Terms and Conditions: Delta reserves the right to change any of the rules, benefits, qualification requirements and terms and conditions of the OPC benefit at any time without notice. Delta reserves the right to terminate the OPC benefit upon thirty (30) days’ notice. Delta reserves the right to terminate any corporate account’s participation in the OPC benefit at any time if the corporate account breaches its CSA. Any such termination will result in a loss of all accumulated credits in the account’s UATP account and any accrued credits that have not been posted to the UATP account as of the date of termination. In lieu of termination, Delta may at its sole discretion deduct credits earned under the OPC benefit from the corporate account’s UATP account, but permit the corporate account to continue participating in the OPC Edge benefit. The payment of any taxes, fees, and other government or imposed charges associated with the participation in the OPC benefit and benefits provided hereunder is the responsibility of the corporate account. The participation of a corporate account in the OPC benefit is solely at the discretion of Delta.
© 2016 Delta Air Lines, Inc.