How Delta is Giving You More Space for Safer Travel
From the check-in line to Delta Sky Club seating to an empty middle seat onboard, Delta is giving customers more space for safer travel during the pandemic.
We know that having extra space is important to our customers, with 64 percent of survey responders listing it as the most important factor when travelling.
A part of Delta CareStandard – our ongoing commitment to keeping your spaces clean, giving you more space and offering you safer service, have a look at what “more space” means for customers:
- Onboard the flight:
- We’re making space for safer travel by blocking middle seats and limiting capacity across all cabins through Sept. 30, 2020
- Flight attendants are reminding customers to give each other extra space when deplaning too
- In the check-in lobby:
- Customers will see markers on the floor to indicate where to safely stand
- Plexiglass shields are installed at counters to protect customers and employees
- In the Delta Sky Clubs:
- Similar to the check-in lobby, customers will see markers on the floor and plexiglass shields at the counter and bar
- Over the next several weeks, plexiglass will be installed between seating areas in the Clubs and Clubs will be reconfigured to have 40 percent fewer seats and more space
- At the gate:
- Similar to other parts of the airport, there are markers on the jetbridge and plexiglass shields at the counters
- Over the coming weeks, stanchions indicating where to stand and reminding customers to wear face coverings, as well as seat decals prompting customers to maintain a safe distance from each other will be installed across the network
- Aircraft are now being boarded back to front and in small groups of about ten customers at a time
Delta is constantly updating best practices and improving the new standard of care based on expert medical advice and the feedback of customers. Using the same innovative spirit for which we are known, we will continue to evolve and look to do better with cleanliness and safety top of mind. To learn more about how Delta is keeping customers and employees safe, click here.